What are the benefits and disadvantages of homeschooling in the uk? (Part 1)
Deciding whether to homeschool your child or children can be a difficult decision to make. Some parents feel pushed into making this decision while others feel homeschooling is a good idea for their family. Either way, the decision can feel daunting and isolating. Here are some of the biggest advantages and disadvantages of home schooling in the UK to help you decide if homeschooling is a good idea for you.
Benefits of homeschooling
- You decide what your children learn. This allows you to truly cater to their needs and interests. You can be as flexible as you need to be.
- You can spend longer on a topic if it captures your children’s interests or if something is proving a tricky concept to grasp, you can move on when your child is ready to. You have the freedom to decide how and when you child learns.
- There is more 1:1 attention for your child than if they were in school.
- You can go on as many educational trips as you want to, giving your child more opportunities for real life experiences than they would get in school.
- Homeschooling communities tend to be very active allowing you and your child/children to meet lots of new people and make new friends.
- You are not bound by school holidays for your family holidays.
What pros of homeschooling would you add?
Tweet us to let us know @planbeeteaching
Click here to view part two on our take on the disadvantages of homeschooling for students and parents.
If you would like to know more about the home schooling requirements in the UK check out our blog post.